Wednesday, March 27, 2013

29 weeks 5 days

Had a great doctors appointment today! My grandma had the pleasure in accompanying me as well. Always nice having someone to go with. Got there so early and was checked in pretty fast. My blood pressure is good and i am still putting on weight little by little. (I am now up to 148lbs). It feels like i have gained an extra 50 pounds at times (if you have ever been pregnant, you can relate). Everything is looking good. I am looking more pregnant than ever and she is popping out of my belly telling the world hello!

Got in to see my doctor pretty quickly too! Always nice since my appointments are usually so late in the evening. We talked about my transfer to the new hospital where i will meet the doctors and team that will be delivering Madalyn and performing her surgeries. I cant wait do that. I visited the hospital a few weeks back and just walking in felt comfortable and welcoming, so i am excited to meet with the new doctors. I will still continue my prenatal care where i am at though because i am comfortable with my doctor and its only a few more weeks to go, i think i can manage! We also discussed my results for the sugar glucose test i did at the last doctors appointment. I am showing signs of being anemic (which is common during pregnancy), so i have to take an additional iron pill daily on top of the prenatal vitamins. And, he wants me to retake the test again. Boo. Another yummy drink and another long wait. I will have to make sure i have no plans after that one. The last one made me feel so nauseous and suck by the time the evening came around. Was not a fun experience. But, enough about that stuff, more of the baby.

Little missy was asleep when we started the sonogram but she was facing down and upside down. Her hand was covering her face at first but we were able to see her. Measurements of her head are up to par which is excellent! Shes got to have a big head to keep all that intelligence in there later on. The doctor then woke up her up after moving around all over so we got to see her face in better detail. I am already so much more in love. Seeing her on the screen makes my heart so warm. Her intestines are still out (which they will be until her surgeries). I always pray that a miracle will happen and they will go back in on their own. The good news is that her bowels are looking good. No dilation or anything out of the ordinary, not even any fuzz around her intestines from the fluid (cant remember the term he used). I am very thrilled to hear this because it keeps my chances of carrying her full term high. With stories ive read from other mothers, some do go into labor early, but others have to have emergency cesarean because their baby's bowels are too dilated or theres complications. I am still praying that nothing changes, she continues to grow, and she comes when she is ready too.

The doctor also measured her abdomen and it is measuring 2 weeks behind which is normal because her intestines aren't inside to help it grow. Still not bad though. Her thigh bone is only a week behind too. But thats normal because she is half hispanic. She just may not be that tall after all, but thats okay! The best part of the sonogram is when we listen to heart beat. It is so strong and so wonderful to listen too. We also got to see her stomach and that there was fluid inside so she is swallowing just fine! Another good sign that she is healthy. Going by the measurements, she is weighing in at about 2lbs4oz, but i never follow the weight because it doesn't include her intestines outside of her body and i don't think they can ever be too sure about their weight till they are born. At least she is passed the 2 pound mark though! It will be a surprise how big she really is when she is born!

One of the coolest things we got to watch today was her actually breathing. You could see her chest cavity moving up and down as she took and released each breath. So incredible how i created this little breathing human being in my tummy. The doctor says that any fetal movement and breathing is a for sure good sign of a healthy baby! Great news all around today!

We only have about 10 weeks to go now. Gosh, i can remember when i was 10 weeks pregnant! We had just announced it to the world and we didnt even know if it was a girl or boy yet. We have come such a long way. Seems like such a long time ago, but it has come so fast. I am just so anxious to have her and hold her already. (And to lose this big ol' belly). Regarding this belly, you know its been a fun experience, but i haven't liked being pregnant that much. The sickness the first few months, my body growing, the aches and pains, her constantly kicking me whenever she feels like it. I don't know how you ladies enjoy being pregnant. I cant lift anything heavy, i get so tired after doing something for a long period of time, my back aches quite frequently now, my chest is growing a lot and i think thats one of my main complaints, breathing is harder, and running to the bathroom every 5 minutes is a pain! I guess we will see how these next weeks play out! I just want her here when she is ready. I will wait patiently if i must!

Lots of good news from the doctor today. Got 2 pictures i have added to her collection as well. They weren't the best quality or showed anything different but always something to look back on and smile about. I have my next check up in 3 weeks, but should be meeting my new doctors in between. Since everything is looking so well, they don't need to see me weekly just yet. Saves me a trip and a little bit of gas! If anything changes, i will keep you updated! Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment