Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Hello Friends

My apologies on not updating you all recently on the pregnancy. We have had a lot change in our lives over the last month, but the baby is doing well. We had to move back home with his parents and have been stressing out on so much going on. I also didn't have a phone for a few days so I was pretty bored not being able to do anything at all.

Things are starting to look up. Its been about a week and a half since we moved out of our home, which i hate the fact that we had to do, but we are finally starting to be able to stand on our feet again. Bills are pilling up though. Tony started a new job with better hours and and better pay, and hopefully benefits soon too! Very excited about that. And to top it all off, i recently broke one of my only contacts and have been so blind, reading anything has been difficult, but I am updating on a computer today which makes it a little easier. Well, enough about me and more about the baby.

We had one little check up last Monday for the baby. We didn't get an ultrasound done that day, but we heard her heartbeat and it is still stronger than ever. I am currently 28 weeks and 5 days along now and my belly, even though it seems so tiny, is measuring up to where it needs to be. The day of the doctor's appointment, I had the sugar glucose test done, yes the one you have to drink the nasty drink for. However, my drink wasn't too bad. Tasted like watered down orange soda. It was only 50mg of sugar too. I had to drink it and sit there for an hour then have my blood drawn. Sitting there counting down time felt like it was taking forever, but my grandma kept me company. I do not have the results back for that test yet, I should have them during the next visit on the 26th of March.

I will be meeting with my high risk doctor on the 26th of this month and then switching over to a new facility to meet with the doctor and team that will be delivering Madalyn, as well as perform her surgeries. I am very excited and anxious to do that. She is almost here, and oh boy does she ever want to meet the world already! She kicks, punches, twists, turns, and does so many somersaults, its so exciting to feel, but also keeps me up at night sometimes. I sure hope you guys are ready to meet her though, she is going to be a wild one. Am i even ready? Oh Boy! I am still going to discuss my birth plan with the new doctor and see what options I have as far as delivering her and what not.

My husband and I are owners of a Silverado truck club (RadoCrew) and on St. Patricks Day, we hosted our fourth truck meet. This was the second biggest one we put together and it was such a big hit. Everyone comes out to buy our Gastroschisis stickers, hang out and have fun. Having everyone come out and support us really means a lot, so if you are one of our fans reading this, thank you for your support. We have sold a lot of stickers and are really trying to get the Awareness out there. It is truly going to make a difference one day! I am hoping to be able to have one more before this little one gets here. Then after she has recovered and his home with us, we will have them as much as possible. My husband is really into it, its pretty amazing all the dedication he has for it.

I can't wait to see our little one next week and get new photos of her. I can't wait to see how much she has grown too. It will be exciting to see how big, or little she is when i finally do have her. I don't know how women can make it all the way to 40 weeks because the fun of being pregnant is just getting started. This belly is getting in the way of everything now. My clothes are starting to not fit right anymore, and there is a little bit of pain at times. When she moves, it is exciting and amazing to feel, but also the weirdest thing to try and explain to everyone. It really is like an alien inside of you.

I most likely won't post again until the next doctors appointment. Hopefully I will have a new photo to show off. Can't wait to scrapbook them and keep them for her to show her as she gets older. She is going to thank me for doing that for her. Hopefully I have more to update you on as well. Thank you all for reading and following our journey. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment