Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Relaxation

I can finally relax. It has been a little bumpy week for me. Went out on Monday for a little shopping before work and I was rear ended by a lady not paying attention. Thankfully there was no damage to my car, only scratches, but it was still a little stressful. I thought i was fine, but i gave myself some time after she left to make sure. I started getting really bad back pain and didnt want to chance anything. Thankfully my friend was free to take me to the hospital.

I went into emergency and they transported me to Labor and Delivery. I checked into the Observation area and i thought i would be in and out of there.. didnt quite happen that way. They hooked me up to the monitor to monitor the baby and make sure i wasnt having any contractions. Sat there for 30 minutes and then they wanted to take a few blood samples. It took about an hour for two of the samples to come in. My platelets are really low and my blood isn't clotting well and i am showing a little anemia, but i found that out at the last doctors appointment. Everything was fine other than that though. Then i had to wait two more hours for the last test to come through to make sure that our blood didnt mix during the impact (my blood type is Rh negative and can cause issues). 2 hours of staring at the ceiling. They had no tv's in there. So boring! The results finally came back normal. Everything was fine. The doctor then wanted to do an ultrasound and check the baby. So exciting because i love seeing her. Well, then the doctor noticed the amniotic fluid was low & that i would most likely be staying overnight to be monitored. She ordered a pap smear to be done to make sure there wasn't any fluid leaking. I think i would know if it was, but i had to do it anyways. Always so uncomfortable. Results were negative for that. I felt like i was being tortured in there.

Thankfully, the amniotic fluid wasn't lower than a 5. I really have no idea how you measure the fluid levels or what the numbers mean. I wouldn't be staying overnight, but i was going to be hooked up to an iv before leaving and have to return the next day to NST for a check up. I was so ready to get out of there. It had already been nearly 4 or 5 hours. We had food dropped off for us which was so amazing to finally eat. The nurse wanted to get my iv started before i ate so she got it all set up and started to put the needle in the top of my hand but that was a complete failure. I bled so much. She got it in there but my vein wasn't having it. Instant pain. There was blood all over the pad, my sheet, and even the floor. I was so sad. Wanted it done already. She let e eat and was going to have another nurse try it after. Finally food and finally the other nurse came in to help me out. We got it in no problem in my other arm. All i had to do was sit through the iv and i could leave!

Iv's are so cold going through your arm. So crazy. We had it going fast too, wanted it to be done! Only took 30 minutes to get through the whole bag. I was poked and tested all day, no one even did anything for my back which was the reason why i went in in the first place. I had requested tylenol getting there since i couldn't take anything else, but that wasn't much. My husband finally got to the hospital when i was finishing my iv and getting ready to be discharged. I got out of bed and got dressed and all my back pain came back 10 times worse then earlier. Nothing they can do for that though. They told me i had to come back in the morning to get the fluid checked and hopefully the iv helped it.

I made a quick trip into Target for Epson Salts and Tylenol. I was going to take a bubble bath and relax finally. Boy did that really help too! I felt great and slept good. Woke up this morning and called the NST department to get in to get the check up. I grabbed a few things just in case they wanted to keep me overnight, and i made sure to get food beforehand too!

Walked into NST and they had to hook me up to the monitor again. This time only 20 minutes of evaluations and then i would get the ultrasound. Laying there for 20 long minutes staring at the ceiling really sucks, but the baby is great. Heartbeat is awesome and shes moving around. I got a cool photo of the paper too. Top line is her heartbeat and movements and bottom line is contractions and pain. After being monitored, i switched beds for the ultrasound. The nurse was nice and helpful and basically told Tony he was to do everything from now on and i was to take it easy if my fluids continued to stay low. She got me prepped for the ultrasound and immediately could tell the fluid was just fine. Did a few measurements and said i was fine. I jus need to drink even more water than i already do and take it easy. But i will now have to come twice a week to be monitored on top of my doctors appointments. Time to start prepping for her to be here. I could be going in for a check up and end up getting admitted and prepped for her to be delivered. Scary thoughts. Time to be extra lazy now and make Tony do everything for me. Going to take advantage of this while i can!

Next monitored check up is Thursday. Hopefully the results are just as good as todays. Until then! (:

Heres the fun photo of the scan. Top line is her movements and heartbeat and bottom is for any contractions. No contractions at all for me. No labor just yet! Oh and i will be 31 weeks on Thursday! Holy cow. Coming so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment