Saturday, May 18, 2013

Late night post

I am still pregnant. Seriously. 37 weeks & 2 days to be exact now. I have only put on about 16-17 pounds, but i feel like a fat whale. Its pretty miserable at this point, at least for me. Sleeping isn't even a possibility anymore, i just toss & turn, and trying to turn around with this big belly is not easy. I still get extreme burning pain in my abdomen right underneath my breasts. Its from all the stretching and pulling, but it will bring me to tears at times. I really cant wait for it all to be over though. I just cant wait for her to be here.

We had a false alarm the other evening. I went in thinking i had maybe broke my water or started leaking, but nothing. I wasnt even dilated or having contractions. This little one is really cooking up in there. She is doing so well too! At our last appointment on Tuesday we finally got her measurements & boy is she growing. She is still a few weeks behind with her abdomen because her intestines aren't inside to help it grow, but she is growing. She weighed in at 5 pounds 4 ounces without her intestines, so i am guessing she is up to 6 pounds or so already! Thats such an amazing feeling! There are still no dilations to her bowels or any fuzz around them, so no concern with getting her out of there. My doctor told me that this is one of the best cases he has dealt with so far. She is doing so great! That really made me feel good. We have such a trooper in there.

I am really hoping to not have to be induced, but i am ready to get her out. If i get to 39 weeks & she hasn't come on her own, they will schedule me to be induced. Hopefully, crossing my fingers, i will go into labor on my own before then, but when she is ready she will tell me. She needs to hurry though , i am so tired. Its hard work carrying a baby for 9 months. Last 8-10 weeks when they really start to grow are the hardest. All my first trimester fatigue & nausea came back, but 10 times worse. They definitely cant prepare you enough for pregnancy, ill tell you that. Soon it will be over though & we will have our little one here with us. I am counting down the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment