Friday, May 31, 2013

39 Weeks!

Haven't updated you on what's been going on. We have surpassed everything the doctors had us preparing for. I am officially 39 weeks along now. Not very common for a baby to go full term with Gastroschisis. I am beyond proud of how well Madalyn has done throughout this whole pregnancy. She is such a fighter. I cant wait to meet her & tell her about her journey into this world. 

Things are looking well with her. I have had weekly checkups with my ob/gyn. Everything on the ultrasound has been great so far. The last checkup was 2 days ago & we had a little scare about it looking like her liver was outside of her body as well. We looked at it closely am& the doctor confirmed that it was not, but i am not 100% sure that is isn't. Its really shocking thinking that more than her bowels can be outside, but i am prepared for the worst. He also said that its a medium amount of bowels outside as well. We kind of had an idea of that already. I just wish there was a way to tell for sure & predict the future sometimes. Overall she is doing well. I still have not felt any contractions, or at least any i think are contractions. I was checked to see if i was dilated & had no dilation, but my cervix was soft & her head was down low in my uterus. The doctor said ive had to be having contractions if she has dropped that low, but i must have a high pain tolerance. No big deal though. She is ready and in position for the big day! My water just needs to break now so i can get going. She hasn't been measured since the last time because it is too soon between that it wouldn't be much of a difference. She was 6 pounds the last time she was measured, so hopefully she is as big as that, if not bigger! Will be a nice surprise when she does finally come! 

I have my NST tests twice a week still. Fluid is normal amounts & she does so wonderful under the monitor each day I am in there. Its nice seeing her on the ultrasound so often, but you get into a routine that everything starts looking the same & its the same results & just tires you out. I sure have slowed down quite a bit. I cant walk as fast as i used too or even try to exercise. Impossiblewhen you're   pregnant, at least for me it seems that way. I am always tired & never have the energy to do anything, mostly because i don't want to be out or away from home in case i were to go into labor. Plus, its a lot more comfortable laying around in bed all day! 

I go next Tuesday to meet with my high risk doctor at the hospital i will be delivering at to talk about being induced. Now, i don't know if he is going to recommend i get it going that day or to let me carry it out another week. I really have no idea. This part has become pretty stressful for me though. I wanteda completely   natural, no drug delivery, and if i have to be induced, they use the drugs to get it going. I have been contemplating between scheduling a cesarean because i wont be putting her under all the stress of the drugs & labor. They can get her out quickly & stabilized & i can take on all the extra stress for her. Something i will be bringing up to him onTuesday. Will be pretty interesting seeing what type of delivery i end up going with in the end. Things can sure change quickly! 

Only one more week to go & she will be here! I am so excited and nervous. My emotions are all over the place at times. I will soon be a mommy to the most amazing little girl ever though, thats for sure! I will keep you updated on when she does arrive or how my doctors appointment goes. My hospital bags have been packed for weeks, literally & i am ready to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment