Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baby Clothes

I have been so excited about baby shopping!! There are days i wish i could buy everything in a single store. Since we knew we were pregnant (at around 3 weeks) i have been on baby mode. Anything i do, i think baby. Its really exciting. Ive never been one to buy things at regular price, unless i absolutely needed it, i always hunt for the deals. Clearance racks are my best friend. It has really come into play more now that Madalyn is on the way. I also really enjoy thrift store shopping. Ma and Pa family owned thrift stores are the best because they dont try to sell used items at original prices. I went into the one near my house the other day and found baby jammies, pants, onsies, and a hooded sweater for our little one. All very gently used and even a few still had tags on them. I must have walked out with 10 pieces of clothing, and i only paid $5.75!! I was so excited! If you try to go into goodwill nowadays, you'll end up paying triple that amount for what i got. I have boycotted buying from goodwill, although i still love going in and looking around. Just ridiculous that theyve turned them so retail now.

Anyways, working for retail, i see the new items come in, watch them go on sale a few times, then they go out of season and onto the clearance racks. If you wait just long enough for something, you can get it for nearly 90% off the original price. Today, i lucked out and pulled something out of the back that had been marked clearance. Cutest little thing for a baby girl. I had to have it so bad! Checked the price and it was 90% off the original. That meant i was only going to pay $1.29 for this little thing. I was so stoked. Want to know what i got my little girl? Her very first 2 piece bathing suit! And it is lime green and pink! The two colors we use for her. Greatest deal ever! Couldnt wait to come home and show my husband and i had to tell everyone about it including you! I snapped a photo of it to show you guys. She is going to look so fabulous when she grows into it! Already cant wait to set up a little pool for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment