Thursday, February 7, 2013

23 Weeks Today!

Holy Moly! I am getting closer and closer now. I remember only being 5 weeks pregnant and not seeing anything on screen at our first ultrasound. We have sure come a long way!

I am working on now my 6th day of this horrible cold. I managed to clear the sore throat but i have the runniest nose in the world. Im surprised my nose hasn't run off my face yet. Being sick while pregnant is the ABSOLUTE worst thing ever! They say you can take certain things, but every time i walked down the medicine aisle i just cant see myself spending $25 on pills or cough syrup. I'm also one to wait till last minute to take medicines usually and being pregnant, i really don't want to take anything i don't need too.

I woke up Sunday morning at 5 am after tossing and turning and blowing my nose a billion times. My throat was in intense pain and i couldn't swallow or lay comfortably. The only thing i had were cough drops i purchased the day before, and throat lozenges in the cabinet. I debated for days whether or not to take any. I had looked online first to make sure the brand was safe. It was and it wasn't. I figured it could be a cough drop in a sense and i really needed to sleep. I broke down and finally took a throat lozenge and omg did it relieve the pain immediately. I then found that not just steaming the bathroom, but standing under a hot shower really helped the most.it cleared me up for at least an hour after getting out and allowing me to sleep. I am glad to be feeling better finally. Just cant wait to cure this nose of mine.

Wednesday was my doctors appointment and remember how excited i was to go an see my little girl? Well that got ruined for me. The doctor didn't even do an ultrasound. ): I felt like it was such a waste of time. I did take my vitals and i gained another 2 pounds! (the breakdown for that goes like this: i weighed 157lbs when i got pregnant, dropped down to 142lbs by the time i was 19-20 weeks, and as of 23 weeks, i am up to 146lbs. Gaining weight is a great thing while pregnant!) )We listened to her heartbeat though, which is really strong, but that was it. It makes me feel so happy to have ultrasounds done. I wont be getting one until the 20th of this month and considering i don't have another appointment after that until march 20th, I'm feeling like I'm not much of high risk right now. I just have to wait it out and see what happens.

I did take the time to talk about medicines and she said throat lozenges are perfectly fine even before i said i took them! Also okay to take: Tylenol, and no this doesnt include the Tylenol cold syrup, just the simple Tylenol pills. She said 2 Extra Strength every 6 hours is good too. (Which i take 1 extra strength every 4-6 hours for headaches). Also plain Sudafed, Mucinex, and Robitussin. Plain ones! Not the boxes that say Sinus or DM or PM. Plain ones. Make sure they are alcohol free and cough drops that are Menthol free! I forgot to ask about kid friendly versions of these medicines though. My thing is, if its safe for kids, can it be safe for baby too? Ill bring it up at the next appointment! Alot if information to pass on. Some doctors do have different thoughts on this though. I would recommend you consult you doctor before anything. Especially if you have any allergies to medicine. If you gave signs of the flu, make sure you call your doctor because they can treat you better. Luckily, i just caught a little cold bug.

Well, enough on that. Wonderful news: My tummy is popping out so much. This little one is growing big! I never did write about how we felt her kicking the other night. Yes i said WE! I put Tonys hand over where she was laying and she kicked him so hard. It was really exciting. I feel her a whole lot more now! She has always been a wild child since her first few ultrasounds. I am preparing myself for a wild baby! Cant wait to see who see looks like and whose personality she takes on more. So exciting!

I need to get some sleep now. If anything goes on in the next week i will update but if not, see you after the next doctors appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment