Saturday, June 8, 2013

SURPRISE!

It has taken me a few days to write this out & get it posted, the events i write about will go in order, but wont be updated till i have enough time.



I am so happy to announce that our little one has made her appearance. She stuck in there for 39 weeks & 3 days! 

Born: Saturday June 1, 2013
Time: 02:34am
Weight: 4lbs 12.7oz
Length: 18.11"

Our lives are forever changed! I spent my whole Friday out and about enjoying the sun and shopping. My husband had a long day at work so he just wanted to sleep when he got home. Gave him Tylenol & put him to sleep. I went and got dinner around 6-6:30. TacoBell! My favorite! I was honestly so bored watching tv waiting for my husband to wake up. I decided to fold clothes and clean the room a little bit. Around 8:30pm i started feeling weird pain in my abdomen. I just kept ignoring it thinking it was Maddy just moving around. Stuck it out until 9:30pm when i started to keep track of the pains. I was having contractions then! First one i kept track of was at 9:32pm and lasted around 40 seconds. Then i was okay. 4 minutes later, i had another one! And then 4 minutes later! They weren't too strong just yet so i just laid down and waited to see. Every 4-5 minutes for 45 minutes. Mind you, my husband was still asleep this whole time. 

Finally woke my husband up and told him "I think its time!". He looked at me and he got all excited. I told him i had 20 minutes left of tracking them so he had time to shower and get things ready. He went and told his parents & they got excited and came to see if i needed help. I just laid there getting through each one, by then they were already pretty strong. I called my mom & called Labor & Delivery to let them know i was coming in! It still didn't feel real though. I was finally in active labor. It finally happened! 

My husband and I piled into the truck with our bags & gear, even though it felt like we were forgetting everything. We were on our way to the hospital! I only called my mom at the time because i wasn't too sure if it was the real deal. I didn't want to get everyone excited in case it was a false alarm. The whole ride there my husband was being a goof ball. He didn't know how to show his excitement & i was trying to get through each contraction as calmly as possible. (Im actually surprised how well i did handle it).

We parked the truck and got our special "Labor & Delivery Patient Parking Only!" Spot. We had been waiting to get the spot for weeks! He walked me into the hospital and upstairs and was taking pictures of everything. I was so glad to have him there though. We get checked into L&D & i get situated in my room. I got checked in at 11:00pm.

I have been in observation 3 other times before this so i knew the drill. Urine test, clothes off, get comfortable on the bed, & wait for the nurse to hook you up to the NST monitors. Finally for the first time on the monitor, it was monitoring Maddy's heartbeat & my contractions! Boy, were they really happening too! Every 4 minutes. 



The doctor was so sweet that night. She came in and talked to me about my birth plan and options with me. I told her i really wanted to try naturally, but in emergency i am okay with a cesarean. She gave me an ultrasound to check on the babys position as well. Things were getting a little scary. It was really happening. The doctor warned me that Madalyn's heart rate was really high & they would have to put me on an iv to try and get it lowered. As she did the ultrasound, she also found that my fluid was really low. This started to put me in a panic. She got a call to go deliver two babies and left me on the monitor to see if the iv would help fix things. 

I wasn't getting too worried just yet, the nurse put my iv in & let me relax for about 20 minutes. I was so glad i had my husband & mom there. My contractions were starting to become more apart so i was thinking it wasn't time & i was going to be sent home. I didn't know what to think. 20 minutes go by and the doctor comes back in with another doctor. They look over Madalyn's heart rate and make the decision to get her out by cesarean. It wasn't going down & we all didn't want to stress her out anymore. I started to tear up as she was telling me this. She said she would be back in and i broke down as she left the room. My mom held me and my husband was rubbing my head. I was so scared at that moment. I didn't know if she was going to be okay or if i would be okay either. I just let myself cry, well i actually couldn't stop it. It all hit me right then and there. This was really happening, i was finally meeting my little angel. 



The nurses and doctors came in to get me ready to go into the OR (operating room). My poor husband kept telling me it would be okay and he wouldnt leave my side. I was so scared though. I asked to use the restroom before i went in, i figured it would help me relax just a little bit, but it didnt. My body had started bleeding after they checked my cervix. I thought everything was spinning out of control. 

I laid back in the bed and my mom kissed me and told me not to worry. My husband held my hand and kept telling me everything would be okay. My body started to shake from being in shock. It was really happening. They wheeled me out of observation & into Labor & Delivery towards the OR. They gave my husband a suit, cap, & mouth cover. He had to get dressed up before going in. They told him they would bring him in before starting. They wheeled me right in there. 

All i saw was a silver table with 2 really big round lights over it. At least i think they were lights. They lined my bed up with the table and switched me to the table. It wasnt as comfy as my bed. My body was still shaking so much. I was cold too. The anesthesiologist explained to me they would be putting an epidural through my back and it would numb my whole lower portion of my body. I really didn't want any drugs but i had no choice at this point. 

They lifted my body up & had me hug a pillow pushing my back out. He said they were going to numb it first. I really didnt feel too much. He then said i would feel a sharp needle & he braced me for it. I felt it go in & then all i could feel was my butt & legs start to get really warm. My head and arms relaxed too & i had no control of my body. It was in quickly and they laid me back down. Although i was relaxed and feeling much better, my body was still shaking. They put an oxygen mask on me & my body didn't like it and i started to get sick. I had nothing to spit up, but my body needed too. Thankfully it relieved me to do so and i could relax. The anesthesiologist then began poking me with a needle on my chest and asked me when i could feel the sharp part of it. I didnt feel it till he hit my shoulder. My whole lower body was that numb! It was time! My husband came in and sat to my left side. I was so glad to see him. He just stared into my eyes and told me everything would be okay. 

I held his hand so tight. I didnt want to let go. I waited for the doctors to tell me they were going to start. All i could feel was the rolling ball with the stuff to clean the area. It was getting fainter and fainter though. They called the start of the cesarean at 2:10am. I thought they would tell me when they were cutting me open but they didnt. I felt a lot of pressure and tugging which they had prepared me for. All i could do was lay there and stare at my husband. At 2:34am they pulled her out and Madalyn Rose was born. I had tears rolling down my face when i heard it. She was finally here. 



The rest of the procedure took a little while. They took Madalyn to the back corner and cleaned her up. I was waiting to hear her cry but they put the breathing tube in right away. The nurse grabbed my husband and let him go see her. I was crying. I felt the doctors finishing up. They were tugging and pulling and moving the table. I could only feel the pressure. My husband walked back over to me with tears in his eyes and showed me the photo of our little girl. She had a head full of dark hair and was so beautiful. I couldn't see any of her intestines out because they had a diaper covering them. I just wanted to hold her though. 

As the doctors were finishing up, i could feel the suction. I couldnt take the pressure and it made me sick again. My body was still shaking at this time. They were almost done stitching me up and they rolled my little babe passed me but let me look at her before she left. Her eyes were open and her hands were moving all over the place. I was so happy. She was beautiful. My husband did leave to go with her and make sure everything was okay. I stayed there for a little while longer and was almost done.

The drape blocking my face from my body finally came down. I was done. I was excited & sad all at the same time. I couldnt move though. They had to lift me to the bed again. Weirdest feeling was seeing them lift my legs but not being able to feel it. It was so bizarre. They covered me in warm blankets to help with my shaking and wheeled me into recovery. 

I remember getting into recovery around 3:30am. I was awake but getting so tired, i had been awake the whole day. The nurse sat next to me and started to put different medications in my iv. One was to stop the shaking & i think she started my morphine. I had to lay there until i was able to bend my legs up. That seemed like it took so long. Around 4am, the surgeon who was to perform Madalyn's surgery walked into the room to tell me he was there & was going to do her surgery shortly. I wasn't expecting it to happen right away but i was so excited. I had to stay awake till we knew she was done. All my family and friends who had been there came in and out to say hello. I was getting so sleepy by then. I was finally able to lift my legs a little bit more & they had to clean my bandages up from all the bleeding. My husband had to hold one leg up for me & the nurse held the other as she tried to change everything. I had no feeling in my hips yet. It was so crazy. She got that done for me & got me ready to go to my room. By then it was already 5:30am. Felt like time wad flying.

Yet another bed switch had to take place. I had a catheter put in during my surgery so i didn't have to worry about getting up to pee. I was comfortable in my bed and wanted to sleep so bad. All my friends and family came in to keep me company. I was just waiting on  Maddys surgery to be completed. I dont remember the time correctly, but i think it was around 6:30am that the surgeon came in and told us her surgery was done & they were able to put everything back in and make her a new belly button. I cried. I wanted to see her so bad. 

They had her sedated and paralyzed so she wouldnt move. She was hooked up to a ventilator to help her lungs as the pressure from her bowels began crowding. It was now only a matter of time for her to heal. I was able to sleep now though & try to see her later that day. Her daddy went to go see her right after the surgery. My daughter was finally born, my little fighter. I was finally a mommy. 💚



With all the excitement of having her here, i will slowly update from day to day to keep you caught up. Hang in there! Just know that she is doing amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment